- Student's online research cheat sheet - A handy flowchart explaining where to locate hard to find research material online.
- Google Scholar - Provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles.
- Power Searching with Google - A free online course by Google themselves.
- Google Reader - this lets you connect websites relating to your studies to one central place, so you don't have to go to each separate website to check for updates or new stories.
For a guide to getting started with Google Reader, please click here.
- Diigo - this is a free service that lets you annotate and save websites that you've visited and access them again on any computer or Smartphone.