On this page you'll find links to resources that let you record and edit sounds.
This is a free site that lets students create their own recordings either via their computer or by phone and then share those recordings with you. Very handy for audio journals!
Similar to Sound Cloud, this lets you record and upload sound recordings which, on a free account, can be up to 5 minutes in length each time.
"Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder.
You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice, and mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And more! See the complete list of features."
There are some excellent tutorial videos over at http://www.how-to-podcast-tutorial.com/17-audacity-tutorial.htm, I have placed a link to each one below - just click on the links to get started:
- Recording Setup
- The Editing Tools
- Basic Editing and Trimming Your Audio
- Adjusting Levels
- Importing Audio and Adding Music to Your Podcast
- Saving Your Project and Exporting the MP3
There's another great set of training videos available here.
If you create your own MP3 you might want to embellish it with other sound effects or music, I've put together a list of places where you can download royalty free music and sound effects, you can view it by clicking here.