To access this page please visit: http://bit.ly/ipadbirch
To view an outline of the day please click here.
Nearpod is a free app which lets you 'beam' presentations from your iPad to any internet enabled device your pupils have, both inside and outside of the classroom.
In the classroom:
- Click here to access the demo & enter the PIN code when prompted (Paul will tell you what this is in a second).
Get the app: Click here to download NearPod
For the rest of the day we want you to use Book creator to make an eBook that you can use with your pupils for the start of the new term.
Get the app: Click here to download Book creator
Pic Collage allows you to combine several photographs into one larger collage.
Get the app: Click here to download Pic Collage
Comic life lets you create digital comics, which can be used in their own right or embedded into the books you make using Book Creator.
Popplet let you create mind maps which can also contain images, videos, sounds and web pages.
Puppet pals lets you and your pupils create simple cartoons, watch the video on the right to learn more.
Get the app: Click here to download Puppet Pals
Morfo lets you take a photograph of your face and then turn it into a 3D animated model, which you can then use to create 'talking head' videos.
During the course of the day we also looked at some ad-hoc tools & resources which can be used to solve certain issues or address areas of concern which some attendees had.
These are all listed below:
- Grooveshark - for streaming music from the ipads into class
- Dropbox - for transferring files between multiple ipads and also onto computers
- Picmonkey - for editing images which can then be used in Book creator
- Zamzar - for converting books made using book creator into PDF files which can be viewed on any computer.